Well, it's a rainy Sunday today so it was a perfect afternoon to bake our favourite cookies. These chocolate chip cookies are wonderfully soft and chewy and if someone didn't sneak dough out of the bowl to nibble on, the recipe makes about three dozen cookies.
Rainy Day Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2- 1 cup chocolate chips - depending on your sweet tooth
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Cream butter with brown and white sugars then add eggs and vanilla. Stir well.
3. Combine dry ingredients then add to creamed mixture. Beat well together.
4. Add chocolate chips and stir.
5. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet or silpat covered sheet. Bake at 375F for 10 minutes or until set and lightly brown.
6. Enjoy! Great with a glass of milk or a cup of tea.